Enjoy this venison queso dip recipe right out of the slow cooker for warm, cheesy goodness in every bite
Serve your party guests what they really want – venison queso dip! This slow cooker recipe for venison queso dip is the ultimate appetizer for game day or any get-together. It’s made with taco-seasoned ground venison and, wait for it … REAL cheese!
For the creamiest dip, bring cheese to room temperature before adding to slow cooker. A sudden temperature change in the cheese can result in clumpy, greasy dip.
Make this venison queso dip as spicy as you’d like. Keep the seeds in the chili peppers to turn up the heat.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 1 to 1 ½ hours
- 1 pound ground venison (or ground venison chorizo)
- ⅔ cup water
- 5 tablespoons Hi Mountain Taco Seasoning
- 1 (8-ounce) block cream cheese, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 pound pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 1 pound extra sharp white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 (12-ounce) cans evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch (or 6 tablespoons flour)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2-3 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 large jalapeños, seeded and chopped
- 1 serrano chili pepper, seeded and chopped
- Siracha Hot Chili Sauce (or your favorite hot sauce), to taste
1. Brown ground venison in skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in taco seasoning and water; heat to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and let cool.
2. Add cooked ground venison, onions, garlic, tomatoes, peppers and cheeses to slow cooker.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk evaporated milk and cornstarch (or flour) together. Pour over ingredients in slow cooker.
4. Secure lid on slow cooker and set temperature to low. Cook for 1 to 1 ½ hours, stirring every so often, until cheeses have melted.
5. Stir in hot sauce to taste. I like my queso dip on the spicy side, so I add about ¼ cup Siracha.
6. Serve venison queso dip warm, with a side of tortilla chips for dipping.