October 08, 2020
By Kristy Crabtree
Quick to prepare for any weeknight dinner or weekend breakfast, this venison recipe will easily feed up to 8 individuals.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 55 minutes
- 1 pound ground venison, or other ground game
- 12 eggs
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 2 cups sour cream
- 27 ounces fire roasted whole green chiles, cut into quarters
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add olive oil. Add the ground meat to the skillet and cook until browned. Season the meat with the cumin, coriander, oregano and salt. Remove from heat when done.
- Drain the chiles and cut each one in half and then halve again. Place all chiles in the bottom of a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Cover with the cooked venison meat and then top the meat with the shredded cheese.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs and sour cream together until smooth. Pour the egg mixture over the shredded cheese.
- Place the baking dish in the oven and bake for 45-50 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve the venison egg bake with sliced avocado, salsa and your favorite hot sauce.
For more venison recipes from Kristy Crabtree, visit: nevadafoodies.com