Prep time: 15 minutes + marinating time
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 2 pounds blackbuck ham steaks
- ½ pound bacon
- ¾ cup dry red wine
- ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons Chicago-style steak seasoning (can also use Montreal or Hi Mountain steak seasonings)
- In a glass measuring cup, mix the wine, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, honey, brown sugar, thyme, rosemary, and steak seasoning. Set marinade aside.
- Place the blackbuck antelope steaks in a glass bowl. Pour marinade over top. Mix the meat and marinade well and then cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Transfer steaks from the bowl to a plate and allow them to reach room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place bacon strips on a baking sheet and cook in oven for 10 minutes.
- Start grill. Set to medium-high to high heat.
- Wrap steaks in bacon and place on hot grill. Grill until steaks are cooked to medium rare.