November 08, 2017
Hungry? Of course you are, and this Tangy Crock-Pot Venison Roast Recipe is just what the doctor ordered
This easy-to-make Crock-Pot venison roast was given to me by a hunting friend several years ago, and it has quickly become a favorite of mine (and everyone I've made it for). Try it once and I'm sure you will agree.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 8-10 hours
- 2 to 3 pounds venison roast
- 1 (1-ounce) dry packet Au Jus mix
- 1 (1-ounce) dry packet ranch dressing mix
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups water
- 1-2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 small bag peeled baby carrots
- 8 ounces fresh sliced portabella mushrooms (or mushrooms of your choosing)
- 1 small jar pepperoncini with stems removed
1. Put venison roast and all other ingredients into Crock-Pot. Wait to add carrots and mushrooms until the last 2-3 hours of cooking if you prefer them firmer.
2. Pour water over ingredients and mix together thoroughly.
3. Turn Crock-Pot on low heat and cook for 8-10 hours.
4. Once the venison is melt-in-your-mouth tender, serve it over a healthy pile of mashed potatoes. The gravy that results is definitely on the thin side, which I like. But if you prefer a thicker gravy, you can thicken it with some flour or cornstarch.