Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 2 pounds venison
- Season salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 leek
- Worcestershire sauce, to taste
- Garlic powder, to taste
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 4 sub/hoagie rolls, split
- Slice white and light green parts of leek into strips and wash thoroughly. Allow leek to drip-dry in a colander. Remove seeds from bell peppers and cut into similar size pieces.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add leek and cook for 3 – 5 minutes or until it begins to soften, stirring frequently. Do not burn. Add bell peppers with a dash of season salt and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Remove as much silver skin from venison as possible. Pat dry with paper towels and shave thinly against the grain.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of butter over medium-high heat. When skillet is nice and hot, quickly sauté shaved venison with Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder and season salt, to taste. Do not cook venison past medium.
- Top one side of roll with sautéed veggies and the other with venison. Top with provolone cheese and broil until cheese is melted. Serve sandwiches with hot sauce on the side.