Elk Venison Chili Recipe for Two
A hearty elk venison chili recipe that uses minimal ingredients and makes just the right amount of food for two
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- 1 to 1 ½ pounds ground elk venison (can substitute deer or antelope)
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Taco Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Jiffy Cornbread Mix
- Toppings: shredded sharp cheddar cheese, sour cream, chopped cilantro, chopped green onion and jalapeño slices
- Cook ground venison over medium heat until browned. Add tomato sauce, 1 cup of water and all seasonings. Stir together, cover and cook on low for 30 minutes to 1 hour. If chili becomes too thick, add a little extra water.
- In a separate bowl, stir together 2 tablespoons of Jiffy Corn Bread mix and 2 tablespoons of water. Add mixture to chili and stir together. Add kidney beans. Cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve elk venison chili with sharp cheddar cheese, sour cream, cilantro, green onion and jalapeños.
For more venison recipes from Kristy Crabtree, visit NevadaFoodies.com.